Thursday, December 21, 2023

Public Market: Foltz Family Market

 I was downtown for a program at the Milwaukee Artist Resource Network (MARN) and decided to grab some food at the Milwaukee Public Market. I saw something about a place that was supposed to have a decent burger. The online information said that they were only doing online and phone orders. Thankfully, they were very present and taking orders at the Foltz Family Market. Mostly a butcher shop but also a restaurant and bar! (I'll mention that later)

I wasn't sure what to expect. They seem to be good at pizza too. Not always a partnership with a good burger. I ordered the "Classic Burger" with cheddar. No fries. I paid for the burger and slid over to the bar to wait. Before the burger arrived, I had ordered a Jack n Coke. My favorite combo. The cocktail was fairly inexpensive for a "call" mixer. How about the burger, right? Well, I looked at it and thought, pretzel bun. Did I miss that in the description. I'm not a big fan of the pretzel bun. That's how they serve it, that's how I'm eating it. First bite. Wow! Flavor(s) just bursting out. The surprise flavor, arugula. Combined with the tomato and creamy cheddar cheese, it works well. The pretzel roll actually made it happen. Stiff yet soft inside with a heavier texture. Yum.

Rate it: 4.5 of 5

This is ranking in one of my favorite burgers of 2023 if not all time. The flavors were on point. The fresh from the butcher beef, juicy and flavorful. Priced right.

https://foltzfamilymarket.com/about/





No comments: