Thursday, December 21, 2023

Holiday Dinner at the Mason Street Grill (Pfister Hotel MKE)

 Keeping with tradition, a group of us headed to the Mason Street Grill for dinner after a showing of "A Christmas Carol" at the beautiful Pabst Theater in downtown Milwaukee. I'm always temped to order something different off the menu but once I see their burger listed, I can't help myself. A restaurant known for top level meat and fish will very often have an excellent burger. Also, I know for a fact they do a burger justice. (Previous blog 12.11.2021) 

The Mason Street Grill is such a great setting for a special dinner outing. The staff is usually hustling around making sure everything is on point. It's the kind of place you feel like you should be dressed a bit more formal. Not tuxedos but make sure your shirt has a collar and if you do wear jeans, make sure they don't look like you schlepp around the house in them. 

I ordered the Mason Street Grill Burger, a 10 oz. Black Angus Chuck and Sirloin, Honey Glazed Onions, Muenster Cheese, House Relish. Still priced at $18 and served with fries. I ordered medium as I often do. No fear of the meat being a bit pink at this level. The food arrived. I cut the burger in half to check the insides. Pretty decent. I was psyched. A small pinch off the side to test the meat without all the stuff, okay. The overall flavor of the combined cheese, relish and onions was pretty good. I felt like the seasoning on the burger may have been too heavy. The meat didn't have the charbroiled flavor. Hmm. The roll was fresh and soft.

Rate it: 4 of 5

I don't think it's as good as it used to be. Still, it's one of the better burgers I've had. Returning to places can sometimes be a let down. Sort of like a sequel. Priced at $18 it should be a bit above the others.

 



No comments: