Monday, March 18, 2024

Drifted In to the Driftless Glen Distillery-Baraboo WI 03/09/2024

 It's that time of year to head up to the Wisconsin Dells for the Oldsmobile Club of Wisconsin's annual "Holiday Banquet/Auction". Food, fun and friends! On our way up, we met up with another couple for lunch at the Driftless Glen Distillery in Baraboo Wisconsin. Quite the beautiful setting. Right on the river. Nice outdoor deck and a well designed building. Being a distillery you know they know how to mix a great drink but what about the food? They've got a decent variety of choices. I of course went straight for the burger selection.

The Driftless Burger. I did it pretty much the basic version. No extra stuff. My side was Roasted Red Potatoes. While I waited for the food, I enjoyed a Bourbon Manhattan. Delicious. The food arrived fairly quick. First impression, I'm in for something good! A pinch off the side to see how the burger stands on its own. Decent seasoning. Slice it, just a bit of pink in the middle. Could have had more but the flavor was right. Juicy, fresh veggies and just enough condiments. The roasted potatoes were a great choice to go with this burger.

I'll try not to share sticker shock because this is a re-occurring event for me. The service was great. The food as great. At least it was a decent burger.

Rate it: 4.5 of 5 The extra .5 is just to make sure it ranks above "good".



No comments: