Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Cary Ale House serves a "Smash" Burger (and I liked it!) 09/08/23

I'm not sure if I've ever had a "smashed" burger or at least it may not have been referred to as such. No matter, I was pleasantly surprised. 

We traveled to Crystal Lake IL for an Oldsmobile car show at the Holiday Inn. We always like to get a group of Olds club members and check out some local eats. There's a place in Cary, IL that fit the bill. They've got a little of everything Fish, Ham, BBQ and Burgers. I chose the Smash Burger, A double patty pressed thin, with smashed onions, chipotle remoulade, house pickles, candied bacon, butter lettuce and American cheese. I had no idea what I ordered but man, I'm glad I did.

The whole sandwich just fit together perfect. Enough of everything listed but not of it excessive. Flavor, spot on. Juicy patties, fresh bun.

Rate it: 4 of 5 (very strong 4)

I don't know why but this really hit the spot. Overall flavor worked so well.



Cary Ale House

 
 

 

No comments: