Monday, October 4, 2021

Burgers in Lalla Land (09.14.2021)

 Lalla Oceanside Grill is on Monterey's Cannery Row. The setting is picturesque. The bar and restaurant space, inviting for sure. As you can guess Lalla's is know for it's seafood dishes. I'm not a fan of seafood. Well I do like baked trout, grilled salmon, tilapia and fish sticks. I couldn't help it, the burger sounded delicious. So, I ordered it. Was I glad I did?

The burger was a cooked almost perfect, well seasoned. The bun, Brioche. Pretty straight forward. The cheese was creamy and coated the patty. First bite, tasty. As I ate more the flavor seemed to "drop off". Maybe there was more seasoning on the edge where I first bit into? 

Rate it: 4 of 5.

I'm not going to lie, $19 for a cheese burger is a bit much. It's Kobe beef yes. I don't think they did the meat justice. I thought it was decent overall but not memorable.



No comments: