Saturday, June 22, 2024

Kickin' it at the Kiltie 06/20/24

 The Kiltie has been on my list of my must have burgers. The problem with a place like the Kiltie is that I rarely go out that way and the season goes by fast. It's also difficult to find. Large trees block the view of their sign from the highway. I finally decided to use GPS to locate it. It's on what might be considered a frontage road along Highway 16 near Oconomowoc Wisconsin. I stopped by last year just to see the building and signage. This season I finally made it a point to stop during hours of operation. I'm glad I did.

The Kiltie is a throw back with car hops and cash only sales. You can either do take-out or park. I did take-out because I was in the middle of a busy day. The folks on either side of me had the old school tray on the window. Pretty cool. I ordered a cheeseburger and small fries. It didn't take much time before my order was ready. As I drove away, my car was filling up with the smell of the food. I pulled into a parking lot to eat. I should have just stayed at the restaurant. The fries have an outstanding seasoning on them. No chance I'd mess it up with ketchup. The burger was super thin. I was concerned that it might not be what I hoped for. It surprised me. Fresh toppings helped matters. The combination of flavors worked well together. 

All in, $10. That's tip and all. The girl that took my order was very nice and asked all the right questions like "ketchup, napkins?" I think the only thing I would change might be get a double cheese instead.

Rate it: 4 out of 5. It's a pretty good burger and deal. The nostalgia adds to the experience. The surroundings are a bit odd. I think it would be cool to go for dinner and see the building all lit up.




No comments: