Friday, July 19, 2024

St Bibiana's-Burgers With Brothers 07/08/2024

 Three times a year my brothers and I get together for what we call "Burgers With Brothers". The brother that has the birthday is treated to a burger of his choosing. The process rotates through each brother's birthday. It was my turn again. Part of the BWB is to try something new. I check the burger listings for Milwaukee. I chose St Bibiana's because it had been ranked in the "8 Best Burgers" recently. Located on East Brady Street in one of Milwaukee's older neighborhoods it's definitely got the "cool" vibe. The inside feels like a local watering hole. Some nice touches are the church theme art etc. The menu has breakfast all day! Of course I'm not there for breakfast. This is a burger outing. I ordered the Bibiana Burger. Described on the menu: "Two 3-oz., handmade ground beef patties, American cheese, grilled onions, sliced pickles, and sweet, savory Saint Sauce on a sesame seed bun". So, not quite a half pound. I was a bit concerned about all the add-ons. The description made me think of Big Boy or McDonald's Big Mac. I'm not a fan of the "sauce" part but, it's their signature burger. Go with the flow! Ordered exactly like suggested, I found it to be okay. The patties got "lost" in the sauce and grilled onions. I did pinch off a chunk of the patty to see how it was on it's own. Fairly good, not great. I thought the price was a bit high for a couple of 3 ounce patties and an order of fries. 

Rate it: 3.5 out of 5. I'm being tough on this one. The price for the sandwich had me a bit off course. The burger itself was fine. Not anything to write home about, I guess it was blog worthy. I'd say, try it. It might be what you've been looking for. 



No comments: